Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Casserole That Disappeared



I frequently make up recipes. I think of something I want to make and look on the internet. Usually the ones I find have ingredients I don’t have (I’m not going to go get because I’m too lazy) or things one of the kids won’t want to eat.

Last night I wanted taco casserole. After searching, for what seemed like forever with not much success (FYI, I would not put cinnamon in a taco), I decided to mash up a bunch of recipes and came up with this…

Taco Casserole
Taco casserole...not a bit of it was left.

1 lb ground turkey
2 cans Rotel
2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
8 hard taco shells
1 onion chopped
1 packet taco seasoning

Preheat oven 375
Brown ground turkey and add onion until softened. Add taco seasoning and mix as directed. Stir in 2 cans of Rotel (I drained them). Heat through.
In 2qt casserole layer 4 broken taco shells, half the turkey mixture, the cheese. Repeat ending with cheese. Put in oven for 20 minutes.
Top with sour cream, black olives and extra cheese (if it tickles your fancy).

Enjoy!



3 comments: