Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday, Not So Fun Day



Let’s start at the beginning; I was repeatedly woken up by little feet kicking me in the back, stomach and face. Stella came into our bed at some point last night, no idea she was there until the first kick.  At least I could sleep in a tiny bit; I took a shower before I went to bed so I was able to skip that this morning.

Maizie started her usual ritual of complaining about going to school. This morning she was particularly fierce (lots of swearing). This was made worse because of all the days out of school. Besides her, I had to get Teddy and Stella dressed and out the door as well because I needed to go to the mall to get Teddy a new jacket right after I dropped her off.

We pull it together and get her to school (on time). Now Stella has a cold and wasn’t feeling fantastic to begin with; as we were almost at the mall she said she had a really bad headache (she said it a few times). I asked her if she wanted to go home and stay with Daddy…she said yes. She was passing on a trip to the mall; I knew she really didn’t feel well.

A couple of times in the past she has had a bad headache and it leads to one thing. She threw up in the new car; we haven’t even had it for a week. At this point I was glad Maizie wasn’t with us, she would have tried to jump out of the moving car (that’s how much she HATES vomiting).  Luckily she only got it on herself and a little on her car seat. You wouldn’t have known that from the smell in the car though.

I drop her off and Ted gets her all cozied up. Now Teddy and I are off to the mall. As we are there, I am quickly reminded why I don’t take him out much. He doesn’t keep up, walks with his feet slapping on the floor like a duck and his filter of appropriate things to say doesn’t always work well; not to mention that he talks to everyone he walks past and touches everything.

Most of the stores I go to open at 8 or 9, not the stores in the mall. So we go to Dunkin Donuts. He wasn’t sure what he wanted, but I told him he had 3 seconds to choose. I had to ask what the filling was in one of the holiday donuts. When he found out it was Boston crème, he said (quite loudly), “Boston crème, I love Boston crème. I’ll take it.” When he finished he looked like he was turning into the Hulk. I’m glad they put in those sinks, he needed a scrub down.

He picked out a coat; I tried it on him, it just fit. If he was wearing a sweatshirt it wouldn’t have. That coat was a size 10-12; we ended up getting a size 14-16 for a six year old. The tag on the coat said $85; I ended up paying $21 after the sale and my coupon.

Since I had yet to go, I stopped into Nordstrom Rack. While I was trying on boots and looking at purses, he drank most of my coffee (sorry Ms Ferns). A quick spin through Target and we were out of there.

My head has been so full; I’m convinced that is where my weight gain came from; how much snot and mucus can really fit up there? It gives me such a headache. I dropped Teddy off at school and came home for my afternoon nap.

After school, even though Maizie said she didn’t have homework, she did (3 papers). Let the homework wars begin. On one of her papers she needed to write sentences about family members. Two of her gems were, “My mom is stopid.” And “My brother is stopid.” She obviously wasn't pleased with us this afternoon.

She finally pulled it together when I started making dinner and she wanted to help. See she can do her homework, when she wants to. Dinner was meatloaf with roasted potatoes and carrots. Boy was Stella disappointed when I told her she was having crackers.

They now got their pajamas on (without argument because Ted asked them to do it) and it is closing in on bedtime. I’m hoping Tuesday goes smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment