Monday, October 8, 2012

You Know What They Say About Idle Hands...



The Kraus House doesn’t seem to handle days off very well. I guess they (okay me too) need that structure. Weekends are fine, but give them an extra day and they don't know what to do with themselves. I at least got to sleep late; I didn’t get up until 9:30AM. When I came downstairs the fights had already begun and showed no signs of letting up.

Maizie and Teddy have a habit of going at each other until fists (and legs and sometimes teeth) are flying. Maizie has issues with impulse control, so we do cut her a little slack, but Teddy has really taken the little brother role to a new level. He has been caught egging her on, then trying to get her in trouble which just sends me straight into orbit, and then everyone suffers.

Today they were separated and it wasn’t too bad. It was quiet, so I decided to try to get some things done. What was I thinking? The only one who has the ability to get things done with the three of them in the house is Ted. When I try, well, just read on…

I took some laundry upstairs to put away. Teddy was in the living room and the girls were watching TV in another room. It was quiet, too quiet; I should have known better (shame on me). I had heard water running, and yelled for it to be turned off; it was. I thought that was the end of it. You think that’s it? Nope.

Usually after I have left a room that means my kids think it’s now time for them to destroy it. They could have just witnessed me cleaning it; and believe me, I HATE cleaning, but that doesn’t stop them. It’s like a sickness. I prepared for the worst.

I came downstairs and everything seemed fine. No messes, I was surprised considering it was so quiet. So I started to make myself something to eat. I threw something in the garbage, and I saw it. It didn’t register at first; then I had a “Dory moment” it all came together.

The glass of green liquid in the sink,

the very clean and full bottle of Dawn on the window sill 

and the empty bottle of Dawn in the garbage can,

add the running water and there you have it. I figured out what they were up to. The entire bottle of Dawn squeezed into the sink, when I cleaned it up, the bubble factor was epic! (Maizie actually covered her tracks, so she does have some of my traits.)

Whatever, they wasted an entire bottle of Dawn (I had just opened the other bottle two days ago), I used coupons. But that’s not all the lovely Kraus Ladies did. 

I went into the room they were watching TV in to pick up all the dirty laundry (Stella for some reason will not put her dirty clothes in the hamper). I stepped and my foot got wet. I look at the carpet and there are wet spots everywhere. So I marched myself into the living room with my hands on my hips and demanded to know what happened in there.

Allegedly, Stella bumped into Maizie when she was trying to drink her “Gatorade” and she spilled it. Now, I have logged several hours of CSI type viewing and judging from the trajectory of the spill, I say “Bullsh*t!” And to top it off, I don’t even know where the “Gatorade” came from.

That’s not even the worst part of this; the worst part is they got “mystery liquid” on clean laundry!! I have a real issue with laundry. I was so furious; I couldn’t even leave the room. All this happened by 3PM, still four and a half hours until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment