Wednesday, May 1, 2013

20 Reasons My Kids Fight



I started this post a while ago (even before "Why is my kid crying") and whenever I get ready to actually sit and write/post it; my kids inspire me to add to this ever growing list of reasons why they are fighting. Then when I'm ready, there's a fight or a problem and I just can't get to it. I’m sure there are hundreds, possibly thousands more, but here is a glimpse into their reasoning.


  1. One of them let the dog in.
  2. One of them can run faster.
  3. We’re reading in someone else’s room tonight.
  4. The rest of the couch is available.
  5. My lap is occupied.
  6. One of them is using the yoga mat.
  7. Someone has to sit in the “way back”.
  8. It’s time to go to school.
  9. Come to think of it, it’s time to go anywhere.
  10. The TV show that is on
  11. The chair/spot at the table
  12. I let them use my computer/tablet/phone.
  13. Someone’s copying someone.
  14. Someone won’t give someone a hug.
  15. Shoes are lost.
  16. We’re watching a soccer game.
  17. They’re sitting next to each other.
  18. My phone rang.
  19. It's dinner time.
  20. HOMEWORK!! !

 

8 comments:

  1. Too funny! Look at that video. They went from just hanging along to hitting each other. I can substitute Zane and Hayley in here! Your list sounds a lot like mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh let's see what else to add: you looked at me, you touched me, you spoke to me.....HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe. let me see what I can add from just yesterday: Maddy saw the grassy area first; you didn't see the deer, I saw the deer; we're breathing the same air. UGH. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This to look forward to...oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha awesome! I remember those days with my brother.
    We're expecting our FIRST, so it'll be yeears before I get to "enjoy" these things. I think writing about it makes it a little funnier (what I mean is, you can at least look back and appreciate that it's just darn ridiculous). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny - we get so many fights because "I tried to give so-and-so a hug and she won't let me!" I thought it was just my crazy kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I can add from my 5 and 2 yr old "She's not behaving" or "she took my blanket"! It's all normal I guess :)

    ReplyDelete